Monday, June 15, 2009

The Beginning

My beginnings are much the same as yours. Two people came together and I was the by product of that union. My parents went to school at Ricks in Idaho and then both went to BYU were they met. I was raised LDS and to some that a good indication of how I was raised. My parents were very conservative, yet very strict. Partly being that I was the oldest of six children I was expected to live by example. We didn't drink Cola and the sabbath day was always kept holy. For me being raised in the church I didn't doubt the church...or even come close to thinking there was anything out there that came close to making the church not true. I went through life with no desire to sin...and when I say sin I mean biggies in a LDS view. Of course I struggled as much as the rest of the world with envy, honesty and charity. But I strived to be the best I could be. For the most part you could say I LOVED the church. I didn't look at any aspect of it and find fault with it. I don't know if that was because I was conditioned to not question leadership or if it was my people pleasing attitude of an oldest child. My Mom left the church when I was 18 years old. She gave no reason as to why she did. I was completely heartbroken....as much as I was when she left my Dad one year later.

1 comment:

  1. I think many LDS folks don't understand that many of us who leave the church were just like one of them once. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of your story.

    ReplyDelete